Based on the book Alpha Dog: Leading Managing and Motivating in the Construction Industry this leadership-training program provides concrete lessons for construction professionals who want to improve team and individual performance.
The training program is designed to make an immediate impact with those involved in field operations. The curriculum touches on all leadership levels, provides a strategic look at the “homegrown nature” of leadership development. It includes specific recommendations on how to build a new leadership culture in a company or organization of any size. Former participants include project managers, project engineers, foremen, superintendents and other managers.
- Alpha leadership skills and characteristics
- Examine and challenge your mindset as leader
- Improve communication strategy and practices
- Ways to encourage positive change with your team
- How to use influence to enhance performance
- How to better motivate others
- How to make better, faster and smarter decisions
- How to delegate for best results
- How to be or find a mentor
The Alpha Leadership workshop is based on real-world experiences, life changing and powerful in its relevance for construction professionals to adopt new leadership methods and behaviors. The training program’s curriculum includes a useful Action Plan on how leaders can tackle these challenges immediately head on, and leverage them into higher team and individual performance.
Audience: Contractors, Associations, Conferences
Format: 1.5 hr presentation – 4 hr workshop